|Finish/Color||Cedar/East Indian Rosewood|
Those who know me will tell you that I only handle the very best of the best. I have never traded an instrument that was not truly gorgeous, or superbly satisfying in every way. This custom-built 2002 Buscarino Grand Cabaret is one of those instruments that delivers it all…
>Note that this listing is very old, and pics were taken more than 15 years ago with an early low-res digital camera.
This is arguably the finest amplified nylon string guitar you can buy. Excellent Condition
John Buscarino built this wonderful guitar especially for me. It is constructed of beautifully figured East Indian rosewood back and sides, western Cedar top, ebony fingerboard, ebony veneer on reverse headstock, plus snakewood bridge with abalone inlay tie-block, snakewood heel and tuner buttons. This is a very beautiful instrument, capable of extraordinary nuance and tone.
An extraordinary guitar in exceptional condition.
Sonically, construction is similar to a Hermann Hauser but with an arched back, adjustable truss rod, gentle cutaway for easy access to upper frets. Very sweet and responsive, with a luscious proprietary implant pickup, a la John Buscarino.
Unmatched easy-playing nylon jazz, Brazilian, almost any style. Extremely versatile, plugged or unplugged, and a terrific classical performer, as well. Gene Bertoncini’s guitar of choice, and used on most of his recordings.
Custom-cut rosette delivers just enough sound to your ear to create a little more intimacy for the player. Very well-balanced sonics, acoustically superb instrument. Back and sides are delicious chocolate (actually richer than in the photographs). White marks along the back are reflections only. No such marks exist on the guitar.
Close-up of detail work including snakewood heel, typical of John’s extraordinary world-class workmanship.
Back of headstock is an ebony veneer upgrade, just for fun. A very nice touch from this well-known master luthier. This is a guitar to fall in love with. Just a gorgeous combination of superb elements. Finest, highly regarded Gilbert tuners, smooth, effortless, elegant, zero backlash. Neck, sides and back are in virtually new condition. I would call this guitar mint, but the top has a number of finger marks, and a string ding or two. Otherwise, it is mint.
Nut width is 2″
Scale is 25 1/2″
Includes original plush-lined hardshell case, as new.
Price for new equivalent instrument is approximately $7500, with a waiting list of 1 – 11/2 years. You could be playing this one next week!
- New York
Popular Ads Overall
- Dake Traphagen Torres 640 Scale 2006 Classical Guitar European Maple/Spruce – Extremely Rare! (88 views)
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood (79 views)
- 1995 Hermann Hauser III ~ Segovia Model ~ Classical Guitar (71 views)
- 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Tal Farlow Archtop Guitar – AAA – MINT! (71 views)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible! (67 views)
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint! (64 views)
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods (61 views)
- 1994 Buscarino Starlight (prototype) (60 views)
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible (58 views)
- FALCON EXCEL (D’Angelico Replica) (53 views)
- FENDER ’65 Super Reverb Amp Blackface Reissue
- Emery Microbaby Amp & Speaker
- 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Tal Farlow Archtop Guitar – AAA – MINT!
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods
- FALCON EXCEL (D’Angelico Replica)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible!
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint!
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
- POLYTONE MEGA-BRAIN JAZZ GUITAR AMP HEAD w/Foot switch!