This is one gorgeous Laney VH100R all tube amp head. It is a pure Class-A tube amp, uses six 12AX7 preamp tubes and four 5881 (6L6). I also have a set of four Sovtek EL34s, since the amp has a bias switch which accommodates them (I like to try everything). Frankly, I prefer the warmer EL-34s, but I am a light fingerstyle jazz player. Most folks just keep the 6L6s which come stock with the amp, since they deliver a bit more punch. I will include BOTH sets of tubes for the next owner.
The Laney is a powerful amp, 100 watts Class A, capable of knocking people over at 100 feet. It has two main channels, each with an additional “drive” mode. This effectively gives you four distinct channels, from pristine clean to “look-out-momma!” Noted for its incredible gorgeous clean tone and amazing versatility, most users will tell you it blows away any Marshall, Fender and most anything else in its class.
You can read the reviews at harmony-central.com.
Condition is near mint, with the tiniest 1/4-inch tear in the tolex on the top near the vents (a dab of glue will make this disappear), and some very slight abrasion on the top of the leather handles. This is how I originally received the amp, purchased new last year. Other than these tiny marks, the amp is absolutely mint, like new, never abused, never played out, always been in my non-smoking living room. It has a gorgeous mirrored front control panel with lots of shiny black chicken head knobs. This is quite an impressive piece of equipment. Includes original manual and footswitch.
Buyer pays actual packing, shipping & insurance charges. Amp will be packed professionally, at a local retail UPS shipping outlet. This will add a bit to the cost, but will no doubt be worth it. Cashier’s/Certified check or Money Order by trackable delivery only.
- New York
Popular Ads Overall
- Dake Traphagen Torres 640 Scale 2006 Classical Guitar European Maple/Spruce – Extremely Rare! (89 views)
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood (80 views)
- 1995 Hermann Hauser III ~ Segovia Model ~ Classical Guitar (71 views)
- 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Tal Farlow Archtop Guitar – AAA – MINT! (71 views)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible! (67 views)
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint! (64 views)
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods (61 views)
- 1994 Buscarino Starlight (prototype) (60 views)
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible (59 views)
- FALCON EXCEL (D’Angelico Replica) (54 views)
- FENDER ’65 Super Reverb Amp Blackface Reissue
- Emery Microbaby Amp & Speaker
- 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Tal Farlow Archtop Guitar – AAA – MINT!
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods
- FALCON EXCEL (D’Angelico Replica)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible!
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint!
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
- POLYTONE MEGA-BRAIN JAZZ GUITAR AMP HEAD w/Foot switch!