Here is a very rare prototype, hand-crafted by renowned Master Builder John Buscarino. Built in July of 1994, this beautiful nylon string instrument possesses all the character of a classical guitar, with all the playing advantages of a 2 3/8″ body depth and modern slim neck profile.
Custom constructed with Hand carved “Bearclaw” Sitka spruce top with 5-piece back of Basswood & Flame Maple w/ Ebony stripes. Patented One-piece Tiger Flame Maple bolt-on neck. Nut width is 2 1/16 inch, with very slim front-to-back profile. Ebony neo-classic fingerboard. Delightfully responsive LR Baggs Hex pickup under Ebony bridge w/ gold saddle.
Controls include master volume + individual low-mid-high cut controls. Another mid-range preamp control is located in rear body cavity for fine-tuning your sound. Has Schaller DeLuxe tuners w/ Ebony buttons in slotted headstock. Patented double-reverse truss rod enables bi-directional neck adjustment.
Note: This is one of the very few Starlights built as a true “hollow body” instrument, with fan-bracing like a fine archtop or classical guitar (Most of the other Starlights were semi-hollow, carved out, less expensive, and rather non-acoustic instruments). As a result, this superb instrument is capable of marvelous acoustic tone and sensitivity in the same tradition as its more expensive sister, the Buscarino Cabaret. Cost of this instrument new is $3500. Delivery time is approximately two years.
Includes original Custom Deluxe Buscarino hardshell case lined in purple crushed velvet.
This ’94 creation shows very minor player-wear, but most imperfections that appear in the pics are simply part of the unique natural wood grain, or from reflections. It is in overall excellent condition.
Popular Ads Overall
- Dake Traphagen Torres 640 Scale 2006 Classical Guitar European Maple/Spruce – Extremely Rare! (88 views)
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood (79 views)
- 1995 Hermann Hauser III ~ Segovia Model ~ Classical Guitar (70 views)
- 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Tal Farlow Archtop Guitar – AAA – MINT! (69 views)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible! (66 views)
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint! (64 views)
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods (61 views)
- 1994 Buscarino Starlight (prototype) (59 views)
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible (58 views)
- FALCON EXCEL (D’Angelico Replica) (53 views)
- FENDER ’65 Super Reverb Amp Blackface Reissue
- Emery Microbaby Amp & Speaker
- 1998 Gibson Custom Shop Tal Farlow Archtop Guitar – AAA – MINT!
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods
- FALCON EXCEL (D’Angelico Replica)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible!
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint!
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood
- POLYTONE MEGA-BRAIN JAZZ GUITAR AMP HEAD w/Foot switch!