This is a one-of-a-kind guitar from the very rare Charlie Christian series of only 479 total instruments produced from 1978-1980 in Kalamazoo (although most literature says ’78-’79, Gibson did not actually stop production until early 1980). This was one of the very last, perhaps even “THE” last.
Fingerboard inlays are a natural amber color (more info below).
Condition is mint, near-new, very nearly “new right out of the box” but not quite (I am very particular). Only a few very small marks can be found. Most would call this new. Although there is playing wear on the pickguard, there is no real playing wear at all to be found on the rest of the instrument.
It is the only known Gibson guitar to have been made with natural amber colored fingerboard inlays. They are a medium rose-amber, exceptionally beautiful, and really set this gorgeous collectible apart from all others.
Guitar looks like it just came off the shelf. Tuners are in perfect condition, headstock is unmarred.
- Northport New York
Popular Ads Overall
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint! (13 views)
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible! (13 views)
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood (12 views)
- 1995 Hermann Hauser III ~ Segovia Model ~ Classical Guitar (10 views)
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible (7 views)
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods (5 views)
- Buscarino Monarch 17″ Hand Carved Solid Woods
- 2000 Benedetto Manhattan AAAA-flamed Honey Blond (Guild Custom Shop) – Collectible!
- 1980 Gibson ES-175/CC (Charlie Christian) Rare Collectible
- 1954 Gibson ES-175 Spectacular, Mint!
- Robert Ruck Classical Guitar 2003 Absolutely Gorgeous Rare Cedar/Brazilian Rosewood